Saturday, January 3, 2009

First Post of 2009!

Hello. Here I am, I’m finally doing it. Didn’t seem so long ago that I was thinking to myself, “I should do a craft blog. It’ll keep me motivated. It’ll make me make stuff instead of just thinking about it.” Well, that was about 2 years ago. 

It wasn’t that I forgot. It was I’lldoitwhenitis. I’ll do it when my place is perfectly organized. I’ll do it when I’ve deconstructed all my upcycling garments and have them ironed (who am I kidding?). I’ll do it when my pants fit.

All this time, I told myself I couldn’t craft regularly until everything else was in place. By the end of 2008, the realization that it would never be all in place sunk in. There would always, ALWAYS be something that needed cleaning or weeding or putting away or, or, or. Like Lucy in the chocolate factory. So why fight that battle? Enough of waiting for things to be just so ‘cause it won’t be just so if I just sit here and…do….nothing.

Little by little, I’ll learn all the doodads on this thing and gradually add to the lists, blogs that inspire me or things I like. Two years ago, I planned on getting this blog up and completed all at once, but that was just another episode of I’lldoitwhenitis. No one knows I’m here, so no big deal. I wonder who will be the first person to stumble across me? I wonder how long it will take? Woo.

You. You, who stumbled across me like a message in a bottle, look and see where you are in your life. What are you holding yourself from that adds happiness and contentment to your life? Don’t be like me and keep waiting. You don’t need to be perfect externally to deserve contentment within. I’m leaving this island and setting sail. Why don’t you do the same? 

This year, I’m finally going to get to some serious crafting. Awaken the supplies that have lain dormant and set them free. Set me free. I’m ready to go.

No comments: