Thursday, June 4, 2009



I spend too much time thinking about the things I want to make instead of actually sitting down and making them. This is how my dreams often go, too. I have so many dreams where there’s a destination or object to get and I always get sidetracked. Always. These dreams are cousins to the one where something is chasing you and the hallway gets longer or your legs get really, really heavy.

Having deadlines helps and I came across a great one to last me through next year. The link was on Gingerbread Snowflakes. Please read the poem, take a look at The Butterfly Project, and pass it on. I plan on making several and I wonder what will result form being inspired by sadness and anger. Can’t even imagine what 1.5 million looks like.

Being part of something creative to help ease suffering or increase awareness is another way to keeping moving along the creative path. There are always people who need help. It forces me to always reconsider my priorities and reminds me that no matter how little I sometimes feel I have to offer, I actually do have something to give. More importantly, knowing I am one of thousands involved in such projects gives me hope. For all the pain shown on the news, there are always total strangers compelled to ease it. Like an invisible thread that ties us to one another.

Well, this will be it for the post. Wanted to get the word out about The Butterfly Project. There’s more crafting stuff to write about, but that’ll happen this weekend.

No comments: